[TowerTalk] Clarify T2X capacitor at tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Clarify T2X capacitor at tower
From: Dick Green" <dick.green@valley.net (Dick Green)
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 1999 12:38:13 -0400
> Just looking for confirmation - the
> best I can glean is that the cap is across pins 4 and 8 on the T2X.

That's right. It goes across the entire motor winding. I have my starting
cap set up in a weatherproof utility box at the base of the tower, where all
the cables are connected to lightning suppressors before their trip through
the conduit to the house. My rotor is at the base of the tower, so there's
only about 6 feet between the cap and rotor. This moved the cap about 260'
closer to the rotor. The main difference is that the beam starts turning a
little quicker and seems a little less sluggish during rotation.

73, Dick WC1M