[TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Rohn HDBX tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Securing Coax to Rohn HDBX tower
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ron D. Rossi)
Date: Fri, 16 Jul 1999 10:52:17 -0400
>>>"E. Glenn Wolf, Jr." said:
> My question:  Is this the "normal" life for tie wraps?  Is there a better
> way to secure coax to the tower?  Using wire instead, maybe? I don't like
> the tape method but may go back to it.

Yup...wire. Cut yourself 5"-8" lengths of 14ga house wire (or 12ga if that is
what you have). Use them in place of wire ties. They twist on pretty easy and
last 'forever'. Put the twist on the inside of the tower and bend it up
against the leg. That way it won't snag anything during your climbs.  This has
been mentioned before on TT and works great!

--
73 de KK1L...ron (kk1l@arrl.net) <><
QTH: St. Albans, Vermont