[TowerTalk] My first tower, Rohn 25G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] My first tower, Rohn 25G
From: n1lo@hotmail.com (Mark L.)
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 1999 12:36:20 GMT

Hello again, Roy,

Steve, K7LXC wrote:
>...Utility companies use a different grade of steel wire rope cable that is
>NOT EHS. Use only EHS grips for EHS. Preformed grips are
>precision parts and are not compatible with other grades of cable
>even though they might be the same size. Rohn specs call for EHS
>cable so don't substitute something else for it...

Steve is absolutely right here, I neglected to include those three little
letters E-H-S in the sentence about getting cable and grips from a local
utility.
My local cable company *does* use EHS guy materials and I was fortunate
enough to obtain the cable and grips for cost. Look at the markings on the
spool for "EHS". If you're not sure, just as in the mast material, buy new
stuff!

--...MARK_N1LO...--

Cheers,   Steve   K7LXC
Champion Radio Products