[TowerTalk] Rohn 20 more questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 20 more questions
From: cabmas@bankpds.com (Robert Sauvan)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 1999 15:02:06 -0700

        Thanks for the responses to my question on the Rohn 20 tower.
        I was sure this would not be the tower for one to put up stacked
        tribanders of the size of a KT34XA, but I was just curious to see
        what others would have thought.Another question though,as I look
        through past issues of magazines.In one particular case,I see
        an ad for masts,and on this mast is a KT34XA that looks to be
        above a 2 element 40 meter beam on the same mast.Now, how
        is it that a mast of probably 2-2 1/2 inches in diameter and 1/4
        inch wall, hold these very large beams and be stronger than a
        12" wide tower with cross bracing?? Very confusing for the
        uneducated tower climbing ham.

                                        Thanks,

                                        Bob-WT9Q