[TowerTalk] Spacers........... wv4r

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Spacers........... wv4r
From: n8ug@juno.com (n8ug@juno.com)
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 1999 15:29:17 -0400
If you mean small PVC pipe, it's a disaster in SC - one season and half
of 'em are full of "mud-dauber's" (wasp) nests, which are poor
dielectrics! Could caulk them all closed on each end, I suppose.
We've got a bunch of 3/8" fiberglas rods about 6" long  that we sell
at 5/$1. One could set up a jig and saw a slit in their ends and use your
technique with UV  resistant tie wraps or even epoxy.
73,
Press Jones, N8UG, The Wireman, Inc., Landrum, SC, 29356
Sales (800)727-WIRE(9473) or  orders@thewireman.com
Tech help (864)895-4195 or  n8ug@thewireman.com
http://www.thewireman.com  and the WIRELINE news
and bargain page.  Our 22nd year!