[TowerTalk] Wilson/US Tower winches

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wilson/US Tower winches
From: k0hb@arrl.org" <k0hb@arrl.org (K0HB - Hans)
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 1999 03:48:54 +0100
On Wednesday, August 04, 1999 3:25 AM, Bill [SMTP:w9ol@dataflo.net]
wrote:

> I just got my Grangers Flyer today and sure enough the winch I
> bought to replace the original Wilson winch is $40 cheaper.
> It's the exact winch as the original Wilson supplied with the
> exception of a  heavier duty clutch.

The B1200 and similar winches are still made by Dutton-Lainson,
and Grainger stocks parts for them.  I just put new a new spool
on one ($28.00) and new "brake pads" in two ($9.00 for 4 pads).

Call Dutton-Lainson first to confirm part numbers, then
call Grainger to order them.  Dutton-Lainson won't sell direct.

73, Hans, K0HB