[TowerTalk] F12 C3E adventure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] F12 C3E adventure
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 1999 11:27:09 -0400
> >3:1 SWR everywhere on all bands!  I was sick....  Through some testing
> and checking we found that the N to SO-239 adapter on the tower had gone
> bad?  It connected my 9913 run up the tower to a 9913 flexi jumper. Why,
> who knows. Things got better but still very poor....

N connectors are major sources of headaches. They are poor at
handling high power, especially if SWR is high. They are difficult to
install.

N connectors belong in the world above 200 MHz unless you have
an extremely SWR critical system, like video or impedance
measurements.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com