[TowerTalk] Mast steps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mast steps
From: w2xx@cloud9.net (J.P. Kleinhaus)
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 1999 20:03:56 -0400
Steve wrote:

>      Yes - this is the penultimate ham radio tower move and will actually
>only be done by few hams. The thread a couple of months ago was on the
'nads
>requried.

Yep, lot's of fun.  I've done many of those climbs with my working partner.
He and I are two of only a handful of people that I know that will do that
type of work.  You really have to trust your equipment.  We usually bring
our own steps
with us, so we know they are OK.

>      If you really need this very specialized device, they're available
from
>Champion Radio Products for $50.00.

I bought one about a year ago.  It is the best thing around to get attached
to a mast when your above the top of the tower.

73, J.P. W2XX