[TowerTalk] Lightning Hitting Chimney

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Hitting Chimney
From: Fatchett.Mike@tci.com (Fatchett, Mike)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 14:37:34 -0600
Sure!

My towers are on a Hilltop and to my knowledge have never been hit and we
get some nasty storms.  Lightning has taken out the pump twice and it is
located between a 30 ft tall metal flag pole and a 40 ft stick of Rohn 25.
Lightning has hit trees by the house, the ground around the house, about
everywhere other than the towers.  The towers are all grounded with 8 ft
ground rods off each leg.  I think this is the key to avoiding strikes.  The
house also has lightning rods around the rooftop and chimney.

Mike
W0MU