[TowerTalk] Tower on a downslope

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower on a downslope
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 1999 14:45:27 -0700

 "Rod Brink" writes:

>When pointed east the horizontal plane of the antenna would clear >the uphill
>terrain by only 20' or so.  Am wondering how the >antenna will perform when
>pointed east.

HI Rod.
I'm in about the same situation here. My tower is on the NE slope
of a hill.  When pointing NE, my antenna thinks it's a lot higher
and works great, but when pointing NW, it thinks it's laying on
the ground and doesn't work so well.  It does work but not nearly
as well as pointing away from the hill.  I can kick butt with the
locals when pointed towards Eu, but towards JA I get mine kicked
BAD!  73
Tom W7WHY
Tom W7WHY