[TowerTalk] Turning large mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Turning large mast
From: goodnews@mail.cmedic.net (Donald E. Stiles)
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 12:55:47 -0400
Scott,

Try using a good sized drill, ball bearing, sleeve and a two small hydraulic
jacks.  The idea is feasible and one I used to turn a beam.  It takes a little
engineering, but as the oil raises the jack at the top, the drill spins the
fixed ball bearing quite well, and will spin quite a bit of weight.

One of the expensive parts is the tubing to get up the tower from the shack.  It
would take quite a bit of explanation here on the TT Site.  I would like to
collaborate with any who wish to use the hydraulic rotor.

73 de n8csp k