[TowerTalk] UV Stable AC Cord

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] UV Stable AC Cord
From: W4EF@pacbell.net (Michael Tope)
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 20:43:25 -0700
I am interested permanently installing an AC extension cord between our
club's shack and the base of the 40 meter antenna tower. The cord would be
bundled with the above ground coax and rotator cable run from the shack to the
tower
and would be used for servicing the antennas and tower (powering hand tools,
rotator
boxes, soldering irons, etc). The cord would normally be left unplugged from
the AC mains.
My question is, what sorts of cords/cable will hold up to weather and sunlight?
Is Romex
UV stable? Or do I need something that is made specifically for extended
outdoor
exposure? I want something that I can put up and forget about.

Thanks,