[TowerTalk] To pin or not

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] To pin or not
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 1999 18:58:28 -0500
Glad to read Barry's testimonial.  It seems like the ideal design would
be a pin that breaks before the rotator case or gears!  (Reminds me of
my bush hog - shear pin (AKA #5 bolt) breaks before the gearbox, but no
slippage under "normal" abuse, I mean use.  ;-)

WA9ALS - John
http://www.shelbynet.net/~jfleming/towerproject.htm
http://www.shelbynet.net/~jfleming/amstart.htm