[TowerTalk] coax and phasing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] coax and phasing
From: jfleming@shelbynet.net (WA9ALS - John)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 1999 14:58:15 -0500
Actually, this can work fairly well.  I have a full size Carolina Windom
(265 ft).  It is designed with 22 ft of RG8X hanging down to a "line
isolator".  Mine is hanging over a big farm pond, so I couldn't use heavier
RG-8 for the feedline, so I had to use the RG8X for another hundred feet or
so, then a barrel connector to larger coax.  It has no problem with 1500 PEP
SSB, 1000W RTTY for short exchanges, and prolonged RTTY contesting at 500+
W.  Admittedly far from ideal, but RG8X can handle more than it gets credit
for.  73

WA9ALS - John
jfleming@shelbynet.net
http://www.shelbynet.net/~jfleming/towerproject.htm