[TowerTalk] Rohn Book

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn Book
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 1999 04:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I made a post the other day and based on several responses
it appears I was not clear - so let me try again.

Here is the orginal post with comments..

> I was looking through my rohn book last night and I noticed
> a section on TVRO dish mounting.
>
> There are drawings showing the use of 25g/45g/55g towers
> for supporting TVRO type dishes.
>
> I find these pages very interesting.
>
> It has this heading:
> #25 guyed tvro towers
> A.N.S.I. 70 mph basic wind, Exposure B, Designed to support maximum
> load of 6' diameter dish 48.9 sq.ft maximum effective projected
> area.

Note the 48.9 sq.ft. projected area.

> There are drawings that look much like the guyed tower drawings
> in the front of the book in the 25g section.  But these wind
> load figures seem to exceed the ones in the front by a huge
> amount.

What I was really getting at is:

Why do these towers - that do not appear to be much diffrent
in desing than the towers in the "guyed tower section" of the
Rohn book have wind load figures that appear to be MUCH
larger?

> I dont know what "Exposure B" means - maybe someone on here
> can tell me.

I got several answers to what "Exposure B" means - but no
comments on the wind loads.

What I really want know about are the windload figures.

Thanks

--
George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Johnson City, TX             It's cuttin' through the air.... "