[TowerTalk] T2X terminals and wx

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X terminals and wx
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 23:45:10 EDT
In a message dated 23/09/99 12:04:22 EST,  brian_smithson@vds.com writes:

<< Question - I purchased a refurbed T2X from Norm and it
 has the screw terminals instead of the wx-proof pigtail.
 I'm wondering if I should put lugs on the ends of the
 rotor cable (using UF-B) and if so, what I should look
 for corrosion-wise. Will regular crimp lugs work? Seems
 like they'd rust. >>

     Crimp lugs are what I use but it doesn't do anything for the terminal
strip corrosion. A product that has potential for preventing this corrosion
is Liquid Electrical Tape. It's made to be applied DIRECTLY on terminal
strips, etc. It stays pliable and will peel off if necessary.

      That's the theory anyway. I don't have any longterm experience with it
but I feel that it's the only way to go. Anything else (i.e. RTV, caulk,
etc.) will TOTALLY screw up the terminal strip.

      I've never seen terminal strip corrosion as a factor in rotator
failure. It's always something else so If you don't do anything, that's okay
too.

Cheers,   Steve     K7LXC
Tower Tech