[TowerTalk] Re: KT34XA vs Modern design

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: KT34XA vs Modern design
From: paul.baldock@checksum.com (Paul Baldock)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 16:06:06 -0700
The KT34A and XA are no doubt the best performing tribanders around. I had
one up for many years and it performed incredibly well (much better than my
present TH-11 on 10/15/20).

However, now IS NOT THE TIME to buy anything from KLM.

I recently ordered some new  satellite antennas from them. I got the 2m
antenna after about a month of pleading - it arrived with twisted elements
and incorrectly drilled parts. After 2.5 months I gave up waiting for the
70cm antenna and cancelled. I made numerous calls to KLM and always got the
same story "it would ship tomorrow", and of course it never did. I also get
the impression that the present owner knows very little about the products
he is building.

Lets hope someone will buy KLM again and sort things out - such a great
antenna design to waste.

Paul

Paul Baldock
CheckSum Inc