[TowerTalk] Rohn tower antenna sq. Ft.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn tower antenna sq. Ft.
From: mdunlap@pressenter.com (mike dunlap)
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 1999 21:34:07 -0700
Hello!

I have a Rohn "BX" series tower, one with a little age on it but in great
shape, and I'm hoping that someone will have an idea as to the antenna
square foot load that it will safely accept.  The Rohn spec. book will not
help, at least the new one.

The tower is basically an HDBX 48 with an extra BXS7 section which is
straight and mounts above the BX8 base section and below the standard BX7
section.  My guess would be that of 14 square feet as the HDBX 48 handles
18 (top section being the BX3) and the BX56 handles 10 (top section being
the BX2).  Any other "guesses" would be appreciated!

If someone is familiar with this type of tower and has the true
specifications I would very much like to hear from you!!

Thanks for your help!

'73 Mike Dunlap K0NWA