[TowerTalk] sharing radials

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] sharing radials
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 22:35:53 -0500
It should work fine, Paul.
RF only goes a few inches into the ground, so ground rods
do not enter into the picture at all. They are for lightning protection.
Radials on or in the ground loose all of their resonances so the
two verticals will preform as if they were there alone.
There COULD be some interaction between the radiating
sections of the two antennas, but should be adjustable by
changing the length of the radiator.

GL!
Phil, K5PC