[TowerTalk] RE: Ground Rods - Steel or Copper Clad Steel?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RE: Ground Rods - Steel or Copper Clad Steel?
From: smidtca@sprint.ca (Carl A. Smidt)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 18:31:33 -0300
Hello all,
Sorry Steve, I thought the replies to my request were general and not sent
direct and didn't check. Here is a summary of the observations and
recommendations. Some thought steel would be alright, particularly in the
eastern part of NA, which is quite acid in nature, while copper clad would
be better in the mainly alkaline West. If the ground straps to be used were
of copper, properly best to use copper clad or use a stainless steel shim
between the dissimilar metals in the clamps. Generally, galvanized steel
rods were thought to be good. I will probably go with 10' lengths of
galvanized steel, available locally. Liked the idea of the Krugerands, think
I might have some left over from the Boer War. Thanks again.
73, Carl  VE9OV