[TowerTalk] Tennadyne -- Logs vs Yagis

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tennadyne -- Logs vs Yagis
From: b4e@earthlink.net (DavidC)
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:49:42 -0400
As this discussion rages I'd like to ask for the following facts.
(If we can contextualize the discussion we will have an improved
 possibility of learning something useful together.)

A.  How do the patterns of the Force 12  C3 and Tennadyne
      T10 compare?

B.  What is the impact of the unique vertically polarized influences
      within the log periodic pattern?

C.  What do the computer analysis programs say the comparative
      gain figures should be for the C3 versus the T10?

D.  What do the computer analysis programs say the comparative
      swr figures are for the C3 versus the T10 across the Ham Bands?

Notes:  I am using the C3 as a comparative beam because it eliminates
            variables present in the trap antennas, and because multiple
            yagi-log comparisons are too complex for me to sort out!

            I am wondering if there are some frequency-specific and
environment-
            specific (including day, time, propagation, geography, and
target region)
            pattern and polarization anomalies that may explain some of the
varied
            real-world performance claims.

            My personal location would be at 65 or 70 feet above sandy
central
            Florida soil, so if someone wants some assumptions from which to
            run numbers there are some.  Such analyses are beyond my
resources.

Thanks! & 73, DavidC  K1YP