[TowerTalk] Re: shorting straps on KLM KT34XA and other rebuild recomme

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: shorting straps on KLM KT34XA and other rebuild recommendations from K3MM
From: k2kv@reallybig.com (Jeff Singer)
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 1999 22:30:36 -0400
This may be old hat to some, but before we put up our KLMs, we always drill
and place 1/8 inch rivets everywhere except the cap tubes. Holds it all
together for a VERY long time, and if you have to take it apart for some
reason, the rivets drill right out. Moreover, it is extremely easy to put
back together without re-measuring everything.

I've never had a KLM fall apart, and I've never had a problem with one that
couldn't be traced to human error.

73,

Jeff K2KV