[TowerTalk] Cleaning a TH7DX trap

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cleaning a TH7DX trap
From: jonk@jskent.com (Jonathan Kaplan)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 22:20:33 -0700
Hi gang,
        I have an antenna party scheduled for the morning to make
adjustments to my HF tower and antenna. I was hoping the
person who sold me the antenna would provide the answer
by today, but I think he's out of town.
        One of problems I want to correct tommorrow
is a high SWR at the top end of the 15mtr band.( 4:1 at 100
watts and 8:1at 750watts). It was suggestedd that this might
be caused by a shorted(dirty) trap on the 15-20mt reflector of
the TH7DX. I was told to test continuity between the ends of
the trap and its body. I've forgotten which combination of end-to-
body and end-to-end should normally show continuity and which
should normally be open.  Could someone please remind me
which is which and how to clean/fix a trap that is shorted or dirty?

Thanks

73

Jonathan KO6XS