[TowerTalk] 2 element yagi formulas

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 2 element yagi formulas
From: w7why@harborside.com (Tom Osborne)
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 15:48:06 -0700

Tom Osborne wrote:

>  On Mon, 30 Aug 1999 zeitler@ibm.net writes:
>
> Esteemed Reflectees,
> I will be putting up a 2 element vertical yagi for 20 meters >soon.  Is the
> old, long term, ARRL Handbook info of .2 >wavelength spacing IDEAL  for a 2
> element yagi using a >reflector?

It depends on how you want to set it up--maximum gain, bandwidth,
FB or matching.  I built some 10-20 meter 2 el. monobanders and
with .25 spacing, the impedance is right at 50 ohms.  No matching
networks needed.  Bandwidth is also very good.  I don't worry too
much about FB here in Coos Bay because there is not much behind
me when I'm working Europe.  You always have to sacrifice
something to get something.  Just make up your mind which is more
important.  73 and GL
Tom W7WHY