[TowerTalk] Lexan and element linkage

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lexan and element linkage
From: cebik@utkux.utcc.utk.edu (L. B. Cebik)
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 22:33:29 -0400 (EDT)
On a home improvement show, I saw/heard reference to the use of Lexan as a
window pane material in Florida as a shatter-resistant material for
hurricane-prone areas.

1.  I wonder if this application of the material would have the good RF
and physical properties of Lexan sheet in general.

2.  Is the material readily available--and, if so, through what sources?

As a side note following the discussion of holding C3 elements at a
constant spacing, I wonder if it would be better (or not) to use a system
that pinned the spacer only to the longer/larger element, letting the
smaller element slide in a slot or hole.  Locking both elements to the
spacer may create a rigid rectangle which would alter the element
flexibilities.  However, not sure that this would make a significant
difference in element durability for either or both.

-73-

LB, W4RNL