[TowerTalk] F12 Balun Attachment

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] F12 Balun Attachment
From: rthorne@tcac.net (Richard Thorne)
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:30:49 -0600
As usual, I had problems during the contest this weekend.  The 40 meter
balun broke where the wire comes out of the balun.  Its not the baluns
fault as the wieght of the coax pulled on the balun which eventually
broke the wire.

So the question.  Hows everyone else attaching the F12 baluns to the
antenna?  I"m using electrical tape but obviously it was strong enough
to hold the balun in place.  Of course the real cause is the coax
slipping through the tape along side the tower, which in turn pulled on
the balun etc.

Maybe I should use a couple of hose clamps at the top of the tower to
hold the coax then tape the rest of the way?

Thanks.

Richard Thorne - N5ZC (Ex. KA2DSY, N2BHP, WB5M)
Amarillo, TX
Web Page: http://www.tcac.net/~rthorne/index.html