[TowerTalk] Hauling concrete.

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Hauling concrete.
From: gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU (gdaught6@leland.Stanford.EDU)
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 1999 21:01:36 +0000

Clint wrote...

> Anyone use a concrete pump truck? Thoughts? Prices?

If you can get a squad of young strong people to do it with
wheelbarrows, that's great.  I had mine pumped in.  It took me six
days (part-time) to dig my 3x3x6 1/2 foot hole.  It took the pump
truck just under 3 minutes to fill it with concrete!  Awesome, but
discouraging to see my work disappear so quickly.  It cost about $100
for the pump dude to put his rig between the mixer and my hole.  By
the way, my hole was over 100 feet from the driveway.  The pump guy
used 120 feet of hose.

The whole pour was slicker than boiled okra.  I'd do it again the
same way!

73,

George T. Daughters, K6GT