[TowerTalk] Chicken Wire

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Chicken Wire
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 07:10:57 -0600

When I used galvanized electric fence wire for radials under
a pair of  80 / 160 inverted L's, I found the radial wire had
rusted heavily in only a few years (3 or 4?). They disintegrated
in a few more.

At my previous QTH I had used ALUMINUM welding wire which
was still strong and intact after 3 years.

My insulated stranded radials hold up to all elements except
the lawnmower!  (The terrain in my woods is pretty rough)

de  Tom  N4KG