[TowerTalk] Mosley matching systems

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Mosley matching systems
From: perring@texas.net (Bob Perring)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 12:07:14 -0600
At 11:54 11/12/99 , Pete Smith wrote:
>Sounds like a lossy T-match, using the capacitance of the RG-8.  I don't
>see how there can be a transformation to unbalanced taking place in a
>symmetrical feed system, so if it were me I'd put a bead balun at the
>feedpoint.
================================>
I could never ever figure out how they were transforming anything in
that double stub piece of joined and potted coax that they supplied
with the original TA-36.
We just used old BN-86 baluns or wrapped coax "chokes", and fed the
split dipole driven element directly.

>We had a CL-36 at the State Department ham club that was fed by a
>length of
>coax lying inside one side of the driven element, not electrically
>connected to anything.  Dunno if that was standard.  It, too, worked OK -
=============================>
That is their "classic feed" designed by old man Carl back in 1968/9.
I remember putting one up on a 100' wooden pole back in Illinois in 1969.
It would not work so old man Carl drove up from St. Louis, looked at
it, and told us to run a ground wire up the wooden pole.
He then bought us lunch at a local diner.

We did the wire run up the pole.
It worked........... At least the SWR went down. ?!

I can still feel the red rash and the itch I got from drilling that
creosoted pole with a drill so as to mount steps up it's entire length.
shudder !

N5RP