[TowerTalk] Using Split Beads

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Using Split Beads
From: Herb Rosenberg <herbr@netcom.com> (Herb Rosenberg)
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 20:57:20 -0800 (PST)

I ordered some material 43 split beads to place on rg8 coax.  It appeared
to me that the coax had an outside diameter of 3/8 of an inch, so that
was the size of split bead I ordered.  Now that I have the beads, the
inside "hole" of the split beams is a bit small for the outside diameter of
the coax.

So, my question is, is it essential that both halves of the split bead
actually touch each other, to fully encirle the coax, to work optimilly,
or will they still be effective, even if there is a small gap between the
two halves of the split bead?

Any comments would be appreciated.

Herb - KG6OK

herbr@netcom.com