[TowerTalk] STOPPING RUST

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] STOPPING RUST
From: K4RO Kirk Pickering <k4ro@k4ro.net> (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:04:54 -0600 (CST)
I used a product called "Extend" that was available at
Home Depot.  I'm really not sure what it does exactly, but
it seems to turn surface rust into a very durable finish.

I had some surface rust on the bottom of my tower legs and
applied this stuff.  There are no signs of any further rusting,
after about 5 years so far.  My tower base is in concrete, but
was not properly "domed," so dirt and water collect at the base.

I worried about the legs rusting out, but I don't see any
further signs since applying the Extend.  There may be other
similar products under a differet name.

-Kirk  K4RO