[TowerTalk] Rohn 25 guy radius oddness.. 80% vs 50%?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rohn 25 guy radius oddness.. 80% vs 50%?
From: billwall@bellsouth.net (Bill Wall)
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 17:51:06 -0500
Hi all,
I agree with Hank. My first tower was Rohn-25G at 110'. The guys were about 45'
from the base. 6'X8" screw in the ground anchors were used. 5/16 Ga. Power type
guy cable was used with 12" turnbuckles. The tower had 10, 15, and 20M 4el full
size mono-bands in a Christmas tree. The Mast was 2" OD  X  3/8" wall thickness.

Many storms and 93mph winds. No problems.
WARNING:  The ground here is Ga. red clay and granite. This arrangement will not
work everywhere. Sandy or loose soil might require 90%.

>From a 30 year Ga. Power tower engineer:
Everything matters, but the Guys are the strength of the tower.

If you do not know what you are doing, hire a professional tower man in your
local area.
Many people (HAMS) have died installing towers and pulling them down.

                                                                     Bill Wall
KC4UZ
                                                                       Antenna
Mart