[TowerTalk] Autek RF-1 Analyst

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Autek RF-1 Analyst
From: alsopb@gloryroad.net (alsopb)
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 12:42:53 +0000
Ink,

Similar to you, I found that the only way the RF-1 really helped in
matching the antenna was to tune the antenna to resonance where I
wanted it (minimum Z) and use the value of Z to construct the
appropriate matching network.

The component values for two component LC networks can be directly
computed from the formulas in ON4UN's book or elsewhere.  One should
examine the two possibilities to determine which combination of L/C is
most buildable with components on hand.

This has never failed to work fine with a bit of tweaking afterwards.

73 de Brian/K3KO