[TowerTalk] Slow motion tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Slow motion tower
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond - N0SS)
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 1999 20:10:35 -0600
Y'know, I've always wondered why one would have to use a lubricant
which would even come close to thickening anywhere near that much
with the minch motors we have to use for our towers.  There's certainly
NO high-speed problem, and virtually no wear problem either.

It would seem that one could use a good quality all-temp motor oil
and still obtain more than adequate lubrication/protection, etc. from
that product.

In fact, seems I discussed this with Bruce Kopitar at US Tower maybe
6 years ago, and I beilieve that he acknowledged that this was, in
truth, the case.

Any comments from anyone?

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS