Fw: [TowerTalk] DMSO in WD-40 (NOT)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [TowerTalk] DMSO in WD-40 (NOT)
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 08 Dec 1999 16:28:24 -0500
At 01:08 PM 12/8/1999 -0800, Robert Harris wrote:

>Pete
>It does say "Lubricates" on the back of the can I have and also makes that
>statement on first page of their website. www.wd40.com.
>Just some observations you might or might not be interested in.

Yeah -- I know.  Actually, that was AA4LR who spoke so strongly on the
non-lubricant aspect.  I always used to believe in the sutff, used it for
things like the big coil springs on my garage doors, but was warned off
doing so in favor of Lubriplate, and it does seem to persist on the springs
much longer.

so now I basically use WD-40 as a penetrating oil type of product.

73,  Pete N4ZR

Don't forget to update your entry in the contest station database
http://206.102.70.3/search.htm