[TowerTalk] WD-40 on going

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WD-40 on going
From: w3svj@juno.com (N. S. FIRESTONE)
Date: Thu, 9 Dec 1999 12:17:03 -0500
A friend clued me into using WD-40 instead of the regular "ether"
products for starting small engines. He suggested that the lube content,
at what ever level, was somewhat less damaging than pure starting fluid.
I've never blown the piston or the head on the field day generators using
either one but the WD-40 is just as effective and maybe a bit of
lubricant will save the engines for another FD exercise. 'Nothing to do
with towers or antennas but the thread doesn't seem to quit.

73 de Nate, W3SVJ, in Pittsburgh where it's not so smokey anymore.