[TowerTalk] Cross Arms

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Cross Arms
From: tomwagner@mindspring.com (Tom Wagner)
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 08:43:31 -0500
Here is what I use:

1 - 7-8' 2x3 or 2x4
1 - 2' 2x3 or 2x4 (actually just make it 6" wider than the width of your
tower.

Sandwich the two 2x3s with a piece of 1" (actually 3/4") stock in between.
Then drill
holes the diameter of your tower legs through the center of the 1" stock.
A spade bit is fine.  Make sure your holes are plumb and spaced properly.
You
will now have indentations in the 2x3 stock that will clamp to your tower
legs.
Use galvanized 3/8 carriage bolts with washers to hold the wooden clamp on
to the tower.  I use stainless steel screw-eyes and screw-in electrical
service entrance
insulators as supports for the antennas.  The insulators are available at
Home Depot.
They are porcelain with a wood screw thread coming out the back.

Make sure it fits at the bottom of the tower, before you climb.  Paint as
desired.

Tom Wagner - N1MM  (The official callsign of the new millennium)