[TowerTalk] ROTOR SPECIFICATIONS

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ROTOR SPECIFICATIONS
From: n4kg@juno.com (n4kg@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 09:23:50 -0600

On Wed, 1 Sep 1999 14:57:25 -0500 "Iowaguy" <earlham@radiks.net> writes:

> While the proposed load may not exceed the effective moment ratings,
> it  seems like I remember a specific disclaimer that the T2X is not
> supposed to  handle anything larger than a 24' boom.

Such simplistic statements and "specifications" are meaningless.

There is a HUGE difference in torque between a full size 2L40 or 3L20
and 6 to 8 element 6M beam, all on a 24 ft boom.   Few manufacturers,
if any, have made a definitive determination of their rotor capabilities.

So far, anecdotal experience (trial and error!) seems to be our best
guide.

FWIW,  the practice of using weight times boom length is also a pretty
crude "measurement".

de  Tom  N4KG