[TowerTalk] Homebrewing 7/8" Hardline Connectors?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Homebrewing 7/8" Hardline Connectors?
From: millersg@dmapub.dma.org (Steve Miller)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 08:42:11 -0500 (EST)
>I'm looking for articles or other info on making home-made 7/8" hardline
>connectors.
>I've seen articles on this subject a few years back, but got rid of most of my
>magazines when I moved. If someone could send a scanned copy, it would be much
>appreciated!

Thanks for the replies so far. My cable is not the typical CATV foam dielectric
stuff so here is some more info:

The hardline is 50 ohm air dielectric with a large center conductor (0.31").
Thus, some sort of reducer is required for the center conductor to fit into
a barrel connector. K1RX's post is a good start and I might try using braid
from
RG-58 or RG-8X to connect the hardline center conductor to a pin/screw that
fits
into the barrel.

The hardline is an air-dielectric type using a spiral wound center conductor.
An
air tight seal between center conductor and outer conductor at the connector is
desirable.

I am still looking for magazine article reprints or any specifics on adapting
plumbing fittings.

A description of the hardline is available at:

http://www.dma.org/~millersg/hardline.html

Thanks again,

Steve

--