[TowerTalk] Multiple guy anchors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Multiple guy anchors
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 10:15:18 -0600

I always heard that if the guys are properly tensioned to specs and a single
guy wire fails that the tower will probably come down. It seems to me that the
additional screw anchors would add strength to the system because of the
additional angle of the new guys going to them, especially if the old ones are
 spaced less than 80% of the tower height away from the tower.  Just a
layman's observation...FWIW!

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC