[TowerTalk] Side mounting

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Side mounting
From: Chad.Kurszewski@motorola.com (Kurszewski Chad-WCK005)
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2001 09:49:11 -0600
>     Two choices: 1) You need to go to 4L monobanders in order to get enough
> space between the elements or 2) go to a TIC Ring.
>
>     A TH7 will turn around 45G but I can't remember about the C31; I think
> it's got 31 inches available. I don't know of any tribander that'll make it
> around your tower.

The KT-34XA has, according to my notes, approximately 59 inches
between elements at the mounting location.  That's almost 5 feet.
Unfortunately, the balance point is not quite in the center of the
two elements (D1 and D2) so one would need to have a counterweight.

The bad news is that it still won't make it completely around your tower
on a swinging-gate side mount.  The TIC is the way to go for
full rotation.

Chad WE9V