[TowerTalk] C3SS Assembly

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] C3SS Assembly
From: aaron.hsu@unistudios.com (Hsu, Aaron)
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 16:15:53 -0800
Just one thought...although the C-3SS is a smaller version of the C-3S, I'd say
it takes a longer to assemble.  The reason being the linear loading rods and
plastic spreaders.  When I put up my C-3SS, the longest time spent was waiting
for the sealant to cure on the 20M elements.  It also took a bit of time to
figure out how the spreader goes on the loading rods and main element...3D
drawings on a 2D instruction manual can be a bit confusing <g> !  The first
time I put the spreader on, it was "upside down".

In short, add about an hour to the C-3SS vs C-3(S) just for assembly time.  Add
a few more for sealant curing.  But, no matter how long it takes to assemble,
Force12 makes darn fine antennas!

Just my honest opinion.

73,

  - Aaron Hsu, KD6DAE