[TowerTalk] What is wrong with Hustler Antennas?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What is wrong with Hustler Antennas?
From: RLVZ@aol.com (RLVZ@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2001 12:46:27 EST
Towertalkians-

Thought you should know about a rediculous problem occuring with Hustler
antennas.  I purchased a new 4-BTV vertical this Fall.  The 10-40 meter
vertical would only work on 10 & 15 meters.  Put my MFJ-259 on it and found
out that 20 meters was resonating at 18 Mhz.  Spoke with Hustler service who
said they recently found out that they had antennas going out with the wrong
traps.  They further said my problem was that I received 2 15-meter traps....
the one marked 20 meters was actually a 15-meter trap.  As we know, everyone
makes mistakes.

The real problem is that Hustler has promised me on several occassions that
they would be sending me a replacement 20-meter trap.  But after 2 months I
still don't have a replacement trap.  Quite frustrating... hoped to use the
antenna this winter.

So beware- if you purchase a Hustler antenna it could take you several months
to get it operational.   Do you have any contacts of higher ups at Hustler
who could shake loose a replacement trap?

73's,
Richard- NO4S