[TowerTalk] Danger sign paranoia

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Danger sign paranoia
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 08:28:49 -0500
> Maybe a sign saying "KEEP OUT - BIRD SANCTUARY" might
> put a positive spin on things!
>
> GL,
> Stew K3ND...

Hundreds of piles of fake dog poop would stop people from strolling
through the yard, but it won't help any liability problems if someone
gets a tiny little boo-boo from touching the antenna.

It is so cheap and easy to insulate the low voltages on the
verticals, that might be the best option. I'm not a lawyer, but it
seems reasonable to me that even a "it'll burn you fingers off"
warning sign won't save your butt if you have an option of using
protection and don't.

As a matter of fact, it seems that adding a sign is an admission
you know there is a problem.

Gads, I hope this isn't another Owl thread!
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com