[TowerTalk] Tower Concerns continued

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Concerns continued
From: billwall@bellsouth.net (bill wall)
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 06:21:00 -0500
Hi all;
I was raised in a construction family when cement coated nails and kiln
dried yellow pine was the norm. Now they use Canadian fir and spruce. The
nails are staples. Not in a million years would I add to the stress on the
present houses being built in my area. Wind loads: Our area is rated at 70
mph. A few years ago my $500.00 aerometer was pegged at 100mph. The National
weather bunch here put out a notice if anyone knew what this storm was,
please call them. I am a ME and if I was making tower I would cover my
behind. I would post only conservative wind load #'s.
             CU,                  Bill Wall KC4UZ