[TowerTalk] Terrain analysis help

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Terrain analysis help
From: bjk@ihug.co.nz (Barry Kirkwood)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 12:54:06 +1300
Hello Tower Talkers

I am asking a favour.

Am on a site 90m (300ft) above the sea (lucky me).

I need to make a decision in the next couple of days to complete my tower to
antenna height at 50 or 60 feet.
Antenna is F12 C4SXL, two element yagi on 10,15,20  and 40m.

Terrain slopes from antenna to sea and would like to look at angles of
depression of slope of 10 and 30 degrees. ie ground sloping 10 or 30 deg
below horizontal. For purposes of exercise can assume uniform regular slope.
Soil is actually poor,( rock and clay)  but this may not be a factor.

If anyone has experience / opinions or can model this would very much
appreciate feedback.

Following a principle related to Murphy's law will buy in TA software soon.

73 es tnx

end
Barry Kirkwood PhD ZL1DD
Signal Hill Homestay