FW: [TowerTalk] precipitation static & folded verticals

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: FW: [TowerTalk] precipitation static & folded verticals
From: jirka@jimaz.cz (Jiøí Sanda)
Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 14:49:17 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Jiøí ?anda [mailto:jirka@jimaz.cz]
Sent: Monday, January 22, 2001 2:49 PM
To: Pete Smith

Hi,
not exactly true. My observation:
20m - two Yagis on two towers - one @52m the other @24m. The "static" is
always worse on the high one. Here I agree with Tom. Sometimes it helps to
listen on  20m on 2 el. 80m delta loop made of insulated wire - and quite
often it is quiter than the low Yagi - but sometimes it is much noisier than
the low Yagi - the loop's apex is below the low Yagi !. !?!?!?

73 !

Jiri OK1RI