[TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Question...

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Yaesu Rotator Question...
From: w7ti@jps.net (Bill Turner, W7TI)
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 02:04:43 -0800
On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 00:37:17 -0500, kd4rwn@bellsouth.net wrote:

>Im looking for some comments on this, before i go ahead and
>buy. Never dealt with yaesu rotators before.

I am a Yaesu rotator user, about four months (G-1000DXA).  Previously had a
Tailtwister.  I'm turning a four element Cubex quad with it and it has worked
perfectly.  I especially like not having to shake loose the brake every d**m
time I use it, like I did the Tailtwister.  That was so annoying!  I also like
the preset knob - use it all the time.  One thing that could be improved is the
speed ramp up/down feature.  It works great, but it only functions when using
the preset knob.  Using the manual rotation lever, it doesn't ramp.  Just goes
to max immediately.  Not a big deal, but something that the designers
overlooked, apparently.  All in all, a great rotator.

73, Bill W7TI