[TowerTalk] G5RV or Dipoles

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] G5RV or Dipoles
From: calav@flash.net (Ken Hirschberg)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 09:01:54 -0700
Hi Ted -
Go with the dipoles.  Right angles to each other would be best, of course, but
even a smaller angle will help the interaction problem.  Some of the respondents
apparently overlooked your reference to _local_ commo out to 250 miles.  A low
antenna (quarter wave above effective ground, i.e. the roof) is _exactly_  what
you want for an NVIS (0-400 mi.) link, and probably why the G5RV did as well as
it did.
73, Ken