[TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Shadowing of small antennas by larger ones?
From: ve3tu@rac.ca (Steve)
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 05:13:49 +0000
Good point Tom, I purchased EZNEC to see if metal guy cables would effect
the radiation pattern for a 3 stack for 20m on a 150 ft. tower. I modeled a
single beam then a beam with a boom touching the elements and one not
touching. The model showed radiation from the boom. I then modeled the stack
with a tower and there was more radiation from the tower. I then modeled the
tower with the guy wires insulated from the tower and there was radiation
from the guy wires. The radiation from the guy wires were about the same as
from the tower so I decided to go with steel guy wires insulated from the
tower. The question is how much will the extra metal in the near field and
not so near field effect the antenna and how much do you want to spend to
create a perfect environment for antennas